Shobdon Primary School- Sports P.E. Premium 2015 – 2016
In 2015-16 all primary schools benefitted from the additional sports funding through the Sports Premium. For Shobdon Primary School, this amounts to £8,325 for 2015-16. After considering the impact from the spending in previous years and through discussions with staff and the Headteacher we are using this allocation to achieve a number of sustainable objectives:
- To continue to develop and enhance the teaching of high-quality PE across the curriculum in all classes by ensuring appropriate CPD is in place. To ensure staff gain from the opportunity to work alongside well qualified coaches to heighten their own knowledge, confidence and ability.
- To develop the leadership of PE to enable sustainable quality provision.
- To give all children in Key Stage 2 the opportunity to participate in intra-schools competition, both home and away.
- To ensure that children have access to a range of high quality resources to support the teaching of PE through audit of available equipment.
- To provide a range of after school clubs to which all children from Year 1-6 have access. These clubs will be delivered by highly qualified coaches.
HOW THE IMPACT WILL BE MEASURED:
- Staff will have a greater confidence in planning and delivering high-quality PE. This will come from observations of pupils and staff during PE lessons. Staff will have frequent opportunities for teachers to use their improved knowledge and expertise to run their own clubs.
- Pupil Voice – Feedback from pupils will feature as part of the impact measured showing increased participation and enjoyment in PE lessons and after school clubs. This will come from club registers and feedback from specialist coaches, teachers and children. Regular meetings with the school Sports Council will allow children to express their views.
- Auditing resources will ensure that all equipment is safe, good quality, varied and fit for purpose and used effectively and safely by all pupils.
Shobdon Primary School- Sports P.E. Premium 2014 – 2015
In 2014-2015 the school received £8,315.00 income to spend on school PE and Sport. The funding was used in a variety of ways to improve and develop teaching and learning of PE across the whole school. We have encouraged children to lead healthy lifestyles, enjoy PE and Sport and experience high quality teaching. They have been encouraged to take part in competition and aim for sporting excellence. We aim for the funding to have a lasting impact on the provision of PE and sport within our school.
Click on the link below to find out more: